Police Warning - lock up your van
Date Added: 17/03/2014
Bedfordshire Police are asking residents to ensure they lock vehicles after recent thefts where vans in particular were targeted. Thieves broke in to vans to steal power tools, sat navs, parts and even loose change leaving vehicle damage in the process. This has happened in Sandy and the surrounding area in recent weeks.
Replacing lost mobiles, bank cards is a real nuisance and can be avoided by emptying contents from your vehicles. Always
Lock your vehicle
Set an alarm if you have one
Never leave anything on display
Here are some more police tips:
• use a steering wheel lock, alarm or both!
• leave a sign that says no tools are left inside your van.
• use strong boxes that fit in the back of your boot for loose tools/items that can easily and quickly be removed.
• check insurance details - home contents policies sometimes do not cover sat nav systems as classed as vehicle accessorries.
• mark your property and register it on www.immobilise.com
If you have information regarding a vehicle crime, contact Bedfordshire Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.