Sandy Carnival AGM
Date Added: 15/10/2015
The AGM of the Sandy Carnival Association was held at the Roundabout Club, Sandy on Tuesday 6th October 2015.
Hayley Stewart (Carnival Association Chair) presented cheques to the following community groups who had applied for donations:
• Cancer Support Group (Amanda Cawthorn pictured)
• Sandy Pre School (Sam Beldam pictured)
• Sandy Astronomical Society (Adam & Jack Catt pictured)
• Leprosy Mission (Barry Groom pictured)
• Sandy Scout Group (Sharon Bate & Lee Harvey pictured)
• Sandy Good Neighbours Group (Ray Morrissey pictured)
• Sandy Football Club (Derek Rowntree pictured).
5 other cheques will be given to local groups who had also applied but who were not in attendance for the presentations.
Sandy Carnival is organised by a small group of volunteers & we are currently looking to recruit some new members to help organise Carnival 2016. We meet once a month from October through to June. If you are looking for a new challenge & would like to do something to benefit your community, please get in contact. Carnival Association members are not obliged to commit any more time than they would like; we are a team and all help is appreciated.
You can get in touch via our Facebook page (Sandy Carnival), via Hayley Stewart on 01767 223911, email to [email protected] or why not come along to our next meeting at the Roundabout Club, Sandy on Tuesday 17th November at 7.45pm. We look forward to seeing some new faces there.